Do you hear the sounds of another battle? We did. We heard one content management system called another content management system’s mother a Windows Vista, and it was on. The two scrappy website creators fighting it out are Weebly and Joomla. Which one reigns supreme over the other in this month’s Battle Royale?
Website Creators Battle Royale: Weebly vs. Joomla
Weebly is a web hosting and content management system. It features a similar drag and drop webpage creation like Wix.com. Much like WordPress, it includes its own third party plug-ins, so that website designers can tailor the web page to fit the client’s needs.
- Drag and drop website creation
- Weebly provides a basic, built-in ecommerce system
- Weebly has customer support and website maintenance
- Doesn’t allow for HTML or CSS customization
- Site transfers are difficult
- Limited ecommerce system that requires a transaction fee
Unlike Weebly, Joomla is an open-source content management system. It is more akin to WordPress. People who use Joomla do not have to pay for service fees like they do with corporate website creators.
- Community support
- Plenty of third-party plugins
- Completely free to use
- Have to pay for a web hosting
- Doesn’t have a customer service or maintenance support
- Not as comprehensive as WordPress, Wix or Weebly
In a world filled with second rate website creators, it appears that WordPress still reigns supreme. Don’t get us wrong. Our Las Vegas web design company thinks Joomla and Weebly are excellent content management systems and website creators. However, it’s undeniable that Joomla takes after WordPress, and Weebly suffers the same issues Wix has. If we were to say which website creator is better than the other in this specific article, then Weebly. This is due to Weebly offering web hosting and customer service.
WordPress Site Design and More…
If you’re over the battle of whichever content management system or website creator is superior, we don’t blame you. At Mvestor Media, we end the tumult with effective WordPress website designs and excellent website maintenance.